Futurity Rules and Regulations
Futurity awards and purses will be awarded on odd years. The cost to enter each Futurity is $300 per horse. The Futurity accumulates points over a two-year period. If a horse is nominated to compete the first year of the period, but is not nominated to compete the 2nd year it becomes ineligible for points and any points accumulated the first year will be dropped from tabulation. If an ineligible horse is re-instated by paying late fees and penalties, he will only be able to count points from his date of re-instatement. Horses must be currently registered and all of their fees paid BEFORE any show in which they participate to receive points.
2. A current list of Nominated Futurity Stallions will be advertised in Peruvian Digest and on the web site at peruviandigest.com . All Futurity nominated stallions shall have the right to display the gold Futurity Logo in their advertising and promotional materials.
3. The stallion must be re-nominated each year to remain eligible as a Futurity sire. All get nominated during a stallion’s eligibility will remain eligible as long as the offspring's re-nomination fees are paid. In other words, if a stallion is nominated in 1999, all of his foals nominated will remain eligible as Futurity horses even if the sire is not re-nominated in 2000. But if he is not re-nominated in 2000, his 2001 foals will not be eligible for Futurity nomination. If a stallion is not an eligible, nominated Futurity Sire in the year his offspring win Futurity points, he will not be eligible to win points toward the “Grand Champion Sire of Champions” title or purse. In which case, the next stallion, meeting all eligibility requirements, whose offspring win the most points will win the title and the purse.
4. Deceased stallions may be nominated, to allow their offspring to be nominated. In the event that a deceased stallion’s offspring win enough points to have the deceased stallion named “Grand Champion Sire”, the deceased stallion’s nominator will receive the purse, but the Futurity Champion of Champions Breeding Stallion will be the stallion used in all promotions and publicity. Geldings may not be nominated as sires.
5. A stallion may be nominated as both a sire and a competitor. See Sec. I, B3, below.
B. Foal Nominations
2. Late foal nominations will be accepted each year as follows:
Jan 1 - $100.00
3. Nominations can only be made on a Peruvian Futurity Official Application Form and they must state the name and registration number of the sire, name and registration number of the dam, and the name and registration number of the foal. The Official Application Form must also include the Owner's name, mailing address, telephone number. Each individual owner must use different Official Application Forms. Two different owners cannot use the same form. For Futurity purposes, the Owner is the registered owner or that person making payments on a contract to purchase the horse. If a horse is being purchased on time, the seller must sign a Release of Payment form, assigning the winnings of the horse over to the buyer. If this form does not accompany the nomination, all winnings will be paid to the owner as shown by the PPHRNA, the AAOBPPH or the PHAC. All Official Application Forms must be signed. Official Application Forms may be printed from the Futurity Section of the web site at peruviandigest.com.
4. Ownership. All horses will be listed with the Futurity in the owner’s name as shown on their PPHRNA, AAOBPPH or PHAC registration certificate.
5. An Official Futurity Certificate will be issued each horse accepted for the Futurity. The Futurity Certificate is transferable with the sale of the horse. It is the responsibility of the seller and the new owner to notify the Futurity of the change in ownership.
6. If a nominated colt is later gelded, the nomination still stands for him as a gelding.
7. There will be absolutely no refunds.
8. Send Nominations by CERTIFIED MAIL!
2. Late re-nominations
will be accepted each year between April 2nd and August 1st. A late fee of
$50.00 per horse, in addition to the appropriate re-nominating fee, must
accompany each late re-nomination. Fees are nonrefundable.
3. Re-nomination invoices will be sent to each Owner in the Futurity. These forms are sent as an accommodation to Owners. The invoice will show the horses currently nominated by the owner for the Futurity. If any information has changed, simply write the change beside the horse’s name. If a colt has been gelded, simply write gelding beside his name. If you have sold a horse, or wish to drop it from the Futurity for any reason, simply mark a line through the horse’s name on the invoice. Return the invoice with the re-nomination fees for the horses you wish to re-nominate. Please provide us the name and address of the buyers of your Futurity horses, so we may contact them to see if they wish to continue participation in the Futurity.
4. If fees are not paid in full by the closing date of each year (or by August 1st, if late fees are included), the nominee will be disqualified from the Futurity. The nominee may re-qualify by paying all back fees and late fees plus a $500 penalty.
2. For purposes of the Futurity, any change in an Owner Listing such as the addition or deletion of a spouse or partner, change to or from a Farm Name, Corporation, Partnership or Syndicate Name, etc. constitutes a transfer and a transfer fee ($10.00) and a copy of the new registration certificate, is required.
3. The Peruvian Futurity will not be responsible for any disputes arising through change of ownership.
E. Returned Checks
and Office Fees
2. A $10.00 Office Fee will be required from any Owner who neglects to provide all the required information for nominations.
III. PRIZES, PURSES AND POINTS Only Championship Qualifying Classes, Best Bozal & Best Gaited classes will qualify for Futurity Points. Points will be designated in the breeding division and performance division. All entries will be paid according to the number of points they accumulate during the two-year period. Champion of Champions, Best Gaited and Best Bozal will be designated by the total number of points accumulated.
1. Points shall be awarded as follows:
Grand Champion Breeding Sire accumulates points through his offspring.
2. In the event of a tie, 4th place, placements will be used to break the tie.
F. SPECIAL TROPHIES & RECOGNITION -Prize money will be paid to horses winning 1st through 3rd places in halter, breeding and performance classes, Championship and Champion of Champions level Classes. The Bronze Futurity Horse Trophy will be awarded to Junior Champions, Champion of Champions, Champion of Champions Gait Horse (Best Gaited) Best Bozal.
CLASSES That will Qualify for Futurity Points
Geldings 3-4, Bozal
G. General Provisions
RESPONSE TO CORRESPONDENCE
IMPORTANT FUTURITY DEADLINES